Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Crosseyed Story


Another micro story I have dug up from my archive. This time it is about crossed eyes.

By Anonymous

This story is fictional but based on someone I was acquainted with.

For as long as I could remember, I was fascinated and turned on by crossed eyes. Both in other people and myself. At the age of 10 I discovered how to cross my eyes and did it whenever I was alone. I soon was able to cross them and hold for an hour at a time, usually with them turned all the way in.

When I was 12 I was prescribed my first glasses for nearsightedness. My folks were not too receptive to me wearing glasses so after my eye exam at the age of 11 when they were told that I needed glasses, they ignored the advice and by the time I was 12 I was a -2.50.


By the time I was 14 I noticed that when I had been making myself cross eyed for any length of time past 15 minutes and I released and tried to go back to normal I couldn't fuse completely for several minutes. I was indeed really cross-eyed and couldn't do anything about it. This really turned me on. I didn't know what a fetish was at the time but this was the beginning of one.

I continued crossing my eyes at every opportunity. I became more nearsighted every year as time went by. By the time I was 16 I was going around about half the time cross-eyed but just enough so people would not notice. Adapting to this part time double vision was easy because I had been doing it for so long.

As time went by, I got so I could cross my eyes so far in that you could only see a small part of the iris. I could hold both eyes this way but the right was a slight bit easier to hold in.

I don't know if all this accelerated or held back my myopia progression but I suspicion it slowed it down  When I was 17 I had a very extensive eye exam and they said I had jumped from -3.00 to - 6.00 in less than a year. The doc said it looked I was on my way to being a very high myope by the time I was 25. At the time I didn't know much about myopia progression so I just said OK and went on my way.

When I was 18 they noticed that I had a tendency for my eyes to cross and prescribed 5D prism's, base out. It was kind of weird at first because there is a slight 3 D effect with prism's.

After wearing them for a week I noticed when I took the glasses of It would take several minutes to fuse again. I enjoyed this so I did it quite often.

As time went by I slowly became more nearsighted but my eye doctor said that it appeared that the myopia progression was slowing down. By the time I was 20 I had gone up to - 10.0 and 15 prism base out. By now people could definitely see I was cross-eyed  I became known as that cross-eyed computer geek.

By the time I was 26 I had a college degree and was looking for some kind of job. I tried many things. The more things I tried the more dissatisfied I became dealing with "know it all" egotistical engineers and management type people.

I took up non body contact sports in a big way. I played semi pro softball and baseball.
I skied and played golf. I got good enough at skiing to make the pre Olympic trials in giant slalom. I fell in the trials so that ended my Olympic dreams.

By the time I was 30 I was up to -14.0 and 20 base out prism's. People wondered how I could be so active when I was so obviously cross-eyed and nearsighted. Actually I had 20/20 vision with my glasses. Sometimes I think it was even better.

One winter evening several friends and I decided to go ice skating on one of the local lakes. We liked this one lake in particular because the people that lived around the lake were skaters and they would turn their yard and dock lights on in the evening. It would provide just enough light to skate all over the lake. We would build a fire on the edge in one of the vacant lots and use it to warm up and roast marshmallows. We were standing around the fire around midnight and heard a cry for help. This was unusual because there was no open water and the lake was frozen 20 inches deep. We all went out to see who was in trouble. The few people left at this hour seemed to be OK.  Finally I spotted a woman on all fours crawling along. I skated over and asked if she was in trouble. She said she had fallen and lost her glasses. I told her to move very carefully so as not to crush them. I had a small flash light in my pocket and soon found the errant glasses. I took a quick glance at them and noticed they had a large amount of prism besides being a high minus correction.

I hollered that I had found them and skated over to help her up. When she was up I gazed into the most crossed pair of eyes that I had seen in a long time. I handed her the glasses and she put them on. Luckily they had sustained no damage in the fall.

You can pretty well tell where this story is going by now so there is no reason to drag it out.

We have 3 very cross-eyed nearsighted kids and are living happily ever after.

First published in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment